Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It Happens.

I experienced two things in the past three months that greatly affected my life- my boyfriend and I broke up and I was fired.

Where is this going?

I think relationships and careers are parallel. The right person and the right career are something we search for during our lives. We want to find the right person to make us happy and the right job that we enjoy doing. We want to find someone and something we have passion for and in which we believe. We want to fill a void, serve a purpose and make someone smile.

So are break-ups and terminations something we must endure to find the right person and the right career path? I mean, who gets it right on the first try anyway?

These experiences are fundamental to our existence. Our lives are molded by our relationships and opportunities and what we do with them creates our character.

It is all about the learning, about the experience and taking something positive with us to the next opportunity. It is about being patient and riding down the road of life remembering where we were, where we want to go and who we met along the way. So break-ups and terminations are not necessarily something bad, but maybe a blessing in disguise (thanks, SH).

So while I sat there being fired all I could think was that if she had a comb-over, I could be famous.

…and I watched the doors behind her swing open.